The Secrets Of Facebook Marketing

Yep, you can do marketing in Facebook, according to Shama Hyder from Afterthelaunch.com. I always thought that marketing in Facebook was simply buying some Facebook flyers (like Google Adsense), but Shama told me that that was a very small part of it.

We talked about how businesses should and could be marketing inside Facebook and how to track results and all kinds of things. If you’re at all interested in learning how to start marketing in Facebook you should listen to this podcast. Don’t forget to download Shama’s free guide here about how to promote your business for free on Facebook.

Show notes:

What is Facebook marketing?
What is the first thing I need to do to get started?
Key components to Facebook marketing
Facebook is like a coffee shop
How do I track results?
Why should I spend money in Facebook over traditional media spending?
Social media works better for service companies than products.
Can I do it myself? How much time is required?

Tags:

1. Lyndon
    August 5, 2008 at 5:09 pm #

It was an interesting post about how to use Facebook to market your site. I don't think it's something people have really grasped and have a handle on doing, since it's still a bit of a new concept.

2. LaJollaJim
    August 5, 2008 at 8:29 pm #

She sucks – any 10 year old or attention hoar knows this

3. Jim Kukral TheBizWebCoach
    August 5, 2008 at 9:01 pm #

Seriously? A ten-year-old would probably know how to spell that word right. Hoar? Go back to Youtube.

4. ShamaHyder
    August 5, 2008 at 11:29 pm #

Lyndon- I appreciate the feedback. Thanks. = )

Jim- It was a pleasure. I got good feedback from it..

LaJollaJim- No comment.

5. DJensen
    August 7, 2008 at 1:02 pm #

good read, i am still boggled by the fact that more people are not marketing on facebook. I recently started a campaign with lookery, which is very very cheap CPM marketing for facebook. Anyways, thanks Shama.

6. Charlene
    August 11, 2008 at 1:42 am #

Really, when we start any new business it is better to get complete information about it. Firstly we have to focus on how to track results and all other things that required.

7. WebTrafficRoi
    August 19, 2008 at 8:01 am #

Hey thanks for the link .. But I still believe Google Adwords is the best option to market our products.

8. Search Engine Optimisation
    September 11, 2008 at 6:49 am #

I have heard about this, but like in your case was quite ignorant about it. I think there is a huge scope for it.

I say there is a huge scope because of the huge audience and the value that facebook brings to the forefront and this is something that can be used to our advantage in a big way.

9. Intellionics Seo Services
    September 19, 2008 at 3:16 am #

Facebook will remain a safe bet for a very long time because of the wide range of users which also means there are so many potential clients.

My mentor was not very keen on facebook marketing but when I showed him the numbers he was more than happy to jump in. I guess there are people who are still not aware of its potential and drub it as just as some useless sites for kids.

10. web hosting nerd
    October 10, 2008 at 2:24 am #

hey it was a great post.. i didnt knw the time passing..

it was really great thanks a lot..

11. Website Design Midlands
    November 17, 2008 at 3:13 am #

Facebook is really a good platform for advertising, millions of people are registered there, and one of the most visited websites.. thanks for sharing this great article.

12. reverse cellphone lookup
    December 1, 2008 at 11:20 am #

There are really so many advertisements in facebook, and the chances of it to be view and opened is very very high, moreover the advertisements are well place and are also in a regional basis.

13. Diana Tyuleneva
    February 6, 2009 at 6:24 am #

Privacy has also been an issue, and it has been compromised several times. It is also facing several lawsuits from a number of Zuckerberg's former classmates, who claim that Facebook had stolen their source code and other intellectual property.

14. LOCC
    March 1, 2009 at 3:30 pm #

The whole concept of Facebook Flyers was to show advertisements called flyers as impressions. Facebook quickly learned that marketers wanted to pay-per-click and not per thousand impressions.

1. 24 Terrific Tweets - August 11, 2008

[…] – The Secrets of Facebook Marketing by Jim Kukral with Sama Hyder – Top 10 Ways to Use Facebook to Promote your Business for Free by […]

2. Websites tagged "facebook" on Postsaver - August 12, 2008

[…] – New Facebook Design – What’s the Verdict? saved by MissMarissaHaro2008-08-10 – The Secrets Of Facebook Marketing saved by […]