Presentation: I’m A HUGE Failure, Are You?

Are you a HUGE failure? Or are you a loser? Maybe you’re a quitter? Maybe you’re all of the above? Or maybe, just maybe… you’re really successful, but you think you’re a failure?

The truth is, anyone can be successful if they understand that we all fail, and then realize the reasons why success comes to some people.

The presentation below is one I gave at Las Vegas Wordcamp in early 2009. It covers topics such as success and failure, and is designed to motivate, educate and inspire you to being more successful in life and business ventures. I hope you enjoy it. Please share your feedback in the comments.

Special thanks go to @micah for recording it with his Flip HD camera.

Learn Why You Fail, So You Can Succeed! from jim kukral on Vimeo.

Jim Kukral presents “Why You Fail?” at Las Vegas Wordcamp. This presentation will help you understand why you fail… so you can understand how you can succeed.

Tags: ,

1. Marie
    January 28, 2009 at 12:43 am #

“anyone can be successful if they understand that we all fail”

Inspiring. I used to be really depressed whenever I fail at something, until someone told me that I won't succeed if I keep on playing safe and avoiding failure. I realized that I HAD to learn from my mistakes before I can move forward.

2. Tom - StandOutBlogger.com
    January 28, 2009 at 12:45 am #

Fantastic video! I only just posted a video about turning failure into success the other day. Must be a hot topic :P

3. Jim Kukral TheBizWebCoach
    January 28, 2009 at 9:17 am #

Glad to inspire! Everyone fails. Everyone.

4. Jim Kukral TheBizWebCoach
    January 28, 2009 at 9:17 am #

Well, nowadays in a bad economy, there's a lot of failure happening :)

5. Josh
    January 28, 2009 at 9:18 am #

I've heard that success feels like failure 90% of the time, and this can often be the case, because the reality is, we see profits from a very small percentage of our efforts.

I believe it's Dan Kennedy that says to fail as fast as possible, because there's no getting around it, and the faster you fail the faster you will find the winners. Anyway, great post.

6. Tim_Jones
    January 28, 2009 at 1:42 pm #

Just like in golf, you have to go to the driving range and fail over and over again until your game is perfected (I guess the same could be said about any sport, but I like the golf analogy).

7. Busby SEO Test
    January 29, 2009 at 7:16 am #

failure is the of success, that is what people always said

8. MLChelsea
    February 1, 2009 at 12:06 pm #

Hey Jim! Great presentation. When I first started working in advertising I was taught the single most important thing that you have highlighted in your presentation: KISS – Keep it Simple Stupid. (that is besides soucherag of course). People don't want or need overcomplicated explanations – they want simple, fast results. And the only way that we, as online marketers, can continue to provide those results is to not be afraid to try new things, and to follow through til the very end. Thanks for sharing!

9. Jim Kukral TheBizWebCoach
    February 1, 2009 at 12:20 pm #

Thanks Chelsea, KISS is a very important method to remember for sure.

10. KJ Rodgers
    February 2, 2009 at 10:07 am #

Excellent presentation.

11. Jim Kukral TheBizWebCoach
    February 4, 2009 at 4:35 pm #

Thanks!

12. Tom - Home Business Blog
    February 11, 2009 at 5:13 am #

Very inspiring.Before I succeeded making money with my blog I was trying for a long time and thought of quitting many many times.What´s the point when you don´t get any results no matter how hard you are trying? Well, I kept going and the reason to my failure was that I did the wrong things.I understood what the problem was and learned how to do things the right way.

13. Jim Kukral TheBizWebCoach
    February 11, 2009 at 9:48 am #

Great to hear Tom. Keep failing!

1. Figmentations » Blog Archive » Expanding Our Comfort Zone For Making Mistakes - February 1, 2009

[...] We don’t need to choose between asking: (1) how can I make fewer mistakes? or, (2) how do I get more comfortable with making mistakes, but instead, by replacing the “or” with an “and”, seeing the benefit of [...]

2. How to Defeat Perfections In You To Get The Job Done? - February 4, 2009

[...] Presentation: I’m A HUGE Failure, Are You? (jimkukral.com) [...]

3. How To Deal With Failure When Building An Online Business - Jim Kukral - Small Business Consultant - April 23, 2009

[...] Video Presentation: I’m a HUGE Failure – I do a live presentation where I talk about we all have to learn how to fail… so we can succeed. [...]