The Great Big Publishing Lie…
When I wrote my first book for a big name publishing house, I foolishly believed that the book would sell tons of copies and I’d see my book featured in bookstores all around the world. I also believed that my publisher would market my book for me and help me make it a best-seller. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that that’s not how the book business works for the majority of new authors.
More importantly, I learned the most valuable lesson that I never expected. You don’t write a business or industry book to sell millions of copies. You write it to drive sales and leads for your business.
- To instantly build credibility for your business or brand. The kind of credibility only the few top people in your industry get
- To create a massive flow of sales and leads allowing you to never pay for advertising ever again
- To change the way your business actively seeks out new customers. That’s right, they find you now
- To see the look on your future customer’s face when you pull out a print copy of your book and hand it to them
- To get invited to speak at premiere industry events where you can spread the word about your business and create powerful partnerships that can change your fortune overnight
How My Books Have Changed My Life & Business?
Right before I was about to launch my first book I sought advice from many best-selling authors in my industry. I wanted to gain their knowledge and experience. They all told me that I should have realistic expectations about selling copies of my book. But they also told me that I should immediately increase my consulting fees by three times what I was already charging. They were right.
The day my book came out I increased my consulting fees by 300%. Guess what happened? I got three times the business. All because of the power of the book and the credibility it had given me in my area of expertise.
So I thought to myself, “I should write more books.” Since then I’ve written seven books that I’ve self-published through Amazon. These books have now been downloaded over 10,000 times collectively in just a few months. Wow.
And here’s the best part. Every single one of those downloads is a potential new customer for my consulting and coaching and training businesses and products. Think about it. I’ve put a big business card that promotes who I am and what I do into the hands of over 10,000 potential customers! Because of this, I don’t have to pay for advertising anymore. Heck, I don’t even have to really work to get leads anymore. Why? Because they come to me!
People read my books and then follow the call to action messages and links back to my websites where they sign up for my email lists, download other books, and purchase my products and services.
So why can’t you do this? You can! If you know a lot about something, you can write a book, and you can do the exact same thing I’m doing right now.
Join Us: How To Write A Book Training Course (Starting May 17th, 8pm est)
The training is four-week program that will help you figure out what type of book to write and how to use it to meet your goals. It’s a combination of live training and group participation, and only requires about an hour of your time every week. At the end of this training you will walk away with a solid plan for your book, including:
- Why should I write a book?
- What kind of book should I write?
- What should my book title be?
- How to create an amazing book cover?
- How am I going to publish & distribute my book?
- How do I use the book for generating sales and leads for my business?
- How to use my book to get a better job?
- How to write a book fast?
- How to convert my book for print and digital sales?
- How do I launch & market my book?
- How to turn my blog into a book?
- How do I get reviews?
- What resources can I tap into to help me promote my book?
- Much, much more