Update: Want to see Prfessor in action? Watch this screencast.
Millions and millions of people try to “make money online”, yet, in my experience hardly any of them ever really do. Why? Well, there are a myriad of reasons. One of them being that it’s much harder than it looks; you have to put real effort in to be successful. Another reason is that people don’t know how or are misdirected in their path. Then you have the technology issues, or lack thereof really.
But what everyone fails to realize is that everybody knows a lot about something… and if you can get through those challenges (time, effort, technology) you can find success online.
Case in point, if you wanted to create an eBook, you had to first write the eBook, which is hard enough, then design it, create a pdf, upload it to your site/blog, put in a mechanism to sell it (paypal, clickbank) and then market the thing and hope people buy it. There’s a big curve there, or as Seth Godin would call it, “The Dip”.
Or maybe you wanted to make a membership site where you try to get customers to pay you a monthly fee over and over. Great idea for sure. But again, not easy to implement. There are issues with deciding on the right pricing scheme and the technology to implement is beyond the average user’s skill.
You can see where is all leading I’m sure. There’s a new way to “make money online” and it’s called Prfessor.com.
Prfessor allows you instantly create your own academy, online university or training center, without technical skills, where you can take the knowledge in your head and transfer it to people who want it in classroom form. All for $49.97 a month.
Early reviews of Prfessor take it further.
What Prfessor.com Offers:
- The ability to for experts to publish content (courses), and charge for it.
- Handling of customer payment (after your Paypal or Authorize.net account is configured)
- Course quizzes/exams
- Ability to invite other “Professors” to submit their content, giving them a percentage of the sale (this is a big deal).
- Ability to manually register students, take payment over the phone, override a fee for a given course. You can even promote a student to a professor
- Dashboard to reveal course registrations at a glance, enrollment performance Course success tracking, and payables.
- With this service, learning online is no longer the future, but is attainable now for everyone who has expertise to share.
Here’s a video that explains more about the system.
In future posts I show you how I use Prfessor, and talk about how others use it as well.
Summary from MarketingProfessor.com.
If you are someone who has expertise and wants to share it with the world, but not give it away, while minimizing technical barriers, Prfessor.com should be among your top considerations. It is also great if you want to joint venture with others in your market, product content, and sell it, making you an expert by association.